Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pop! Canadian style in a train


Pop Montreal returns in all its glory for the fourth year! From October 1 - 5, the city of Montreal will be consumed with music, street fairs, food, arts...even a fashion show. Artists such as Nick Cave, Burt Bacharach, Crystal Castles, Hot Chip, The Veils, Black Kids, You Say Party! We Say Die!, and more will flood various venues across the city...making it like a very northern (and most likely very colder) SXSW.
I'm super excited to see some of my favorite musicians perform in Montreal. but I'm also excited to be going against my own grain and refusing to stay at the W Montreal Hotel. that's right. No 500 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets for me, no marble bathrooms with sweeping views of downtown Montreal, no cute little French speaking front desk clerk to ask me if I'd like a morning wake up call (not that kind of wake up call...get your mind out of the gutter) Nope! None of those things. Lauren and I are "roughing it" and I couldn't be happier. she found this amazing hostel, yes hostel and it isn't like any other hostel i have ever known. my idea of a hostel was 18 eastern Europeans crammed into a small room, sleeping on bunk beds, sharing a tiny bathroom with no hot water and giving each other lice. she found a hostel that is basically one letter away from a hotel. its adorable! we have our own private cabin that looks like a train. so awesome. she's awesome. and our trip will be awesome.

2 comments:

Ren D'Auria said...

im excited to secretly watch you- as you listen in on french conversations and smile, not knowing what they are saying but just loving the beauty of how they sound.

Unknown said...

errrrr hostel? who are you? lol, i thought the ritz carlton was a dive. as long as you are happy it doesn't matter, i suppose.